JOIN US! Sustainable Tompkins is hosting Ithaca's March for Climate, Jobs and Justice in solidarity with the Peoples Climate Movement marches in Washington DC and around the country on Saturday, April 29.
See the Facebook Event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1317890001630476/
- 10:00 Community Conversation @ County Library
- 11:30 Rally on the Commons @ Bernie Milton Pavilion
- 12:30 March to the Space@GreenStar
- 2:30 Gerald Torres on Law and Social Movements
- 3:30 Annual Signs of Sustainability Awards
- 4:00 Voices of the Community
- 5:00 One Heart Community Drum Circle
Hungry marchers can get a delicious bite to eat from either Bici-Cocina, a bike-powered South American food truck, or from the solar and wind-powered Pi truck featuring flatbread pizza from a wood-fired oven.
Co-hosted By: Friendship Donations Network, SewGreen, Tompkins County Progressives, Tompkins County Climate Protection Initiative, Interfaith Climate Action Network, Coalition to Protect New York, Mothers Out Front of Southern Tier, The Sustainability Center, GoSolar Tompkins, Independent Democratic Women of Susquehanna County, Tompkins County Workers Center.