Today we join with the organizers of the Women's March, and ask you to send a postcard to your State Senators and Representatives. Let them know that a safe and livable climate matters to you - and how you’re going to continue to fight for it in the days, weeks and months ahead.
Make your own postcards or click on the upper right corner of the image below to use the Women's March Printable postcard. We've included some sample text for inspiration below.
Click here to find your Senator's address.
I am part of the Women’s March Movement and Mothers Out Front.
I’m from ___________________
And I’m concerned about Protecting My Children’s Future/a safe and livable climate for all children/my children’s health and safety/child-centered climate and energy solutions.
- Climate change is directly impacting my children and families all over the world RIGHT NOW. We cannot wait another moment on this issue.
- As a mother, the first thing I think about every day is protecting my children. Today that means writing to you to ask that I can count on you to help find child-centered climate and energy solutions just like my children are counting on me.
- As a mother, the first thing I think about every day is protecting my children. Today that means writing to ask that you reject Scott Pruitt as Head of the Environmental Protection Agency. Scott Pruitt is a known climate change denier and has a long record of putting corporate interests above the interests of our children’s health and the environment. I hope I can count on you, just like my children are counting on me.
- I’m a mother/parent of [#children] from [TOWN]. Today I am asking you to protect my child(ren)’s health and prospects for a happy future. Please take action on climate. Every time we make a choice for how we will fuel our future, it should always be for clean, renewable energy. Every time.
- As a mother, the first thing I think about every day is protecting my children. Please affirm the existence of climate change and the need to provide solutions. I think the best solutions are support of renewable energy and creation of carbon fees. As my elected representative in government, I urge you introduce or support such legislation so that together we can provide all of <State>’s children with a safe and livable climate future.
- I am writing as a mother to express my concern about the threat climate change poses to the future of my children. Scientists agree, and signs abound that climate change is real and that we have only a few critical years before the changes become irreversible. To secure a future for all of <state>’s children, now is the time to set a new and positive direction for our national energy policy. We need policies that will lead our nation away from fossil based fuels. As my elected representative in government, I urge you introduce or support such legislation.