This is the Moment: Act Now for a Livable Climate for All Kids
For Mother's Day we will seize the momentum coming out of our first National Meeting held on April 6-7th and grow our national movement. The day is a celebration of motherhood and an opportunity to draw attention to the gift we strive to give our children—a livable climate.
We will launch a comprehensive nationwide conversation with our neighbors and communities about climate and how to address it. Mothers will go door-to-door, attend events, and hold house parties to hear from their neighbors about their concerns regarding our changing climate. Then we will bring those concerns to our elected leaders to demand bold action now.
We need you to take action this Mother’s Day.
2018 Mothers Out Front Campaigns
Some ways you can help spread the word and take action!
- table at local events with sign up sheets and flyers
- canvass door-to-door in your community for postcard or petition signatures
- join a community team's campaign/event in your state
take videos of your Mothers Out Front activities (door knocking, house parties, events) and post them to your social media accounts
- host a screening of Paris to Pittsburgh and invite your friends and neighbors
- hold a press conference or rally while you deliver your postcards to influence your elected officials and even host a twitter storm for everyone to support your action who can't be there in person
- hold a twitter storm to pressure a decision-maker for change
or click here to call you Governor and ask them pledge support for the Green New Deal!
We have resources below to engage your friends, your community, your local papers or your social media networks, to send your message to your elected officials and to generally raise your voice. If you have any ideas for action that you want to share or questions about how to make your action work, please send us a message by clicking here.
(Click on the titles below to view or download the files.)
Find out about local Mother's Day or Spring Festival events and if they are offering tabling spots. Contact the organizer to get the details, find a small table and a couple of chairs you can fold and bring to the event, make a table sign, print some flyers and a sign up sheet, or your petitions and postcards and talk to your community.
Watch this role-play done by volunteers at our National Meeting on April 6, 2019:
Tip: Take pictures/selfies while canvassing to show off your work and post them on social media or send them to email@example.com.
Sign up to join us at an event by clicking the location you want below:
Best Practices for an Effective Rally (from AAUW.org: click through here for more details)
- Hold the rally in a relevant, easily accessible — and legal — location.
- Keep the message focused/Document your event with pictures and videos.
- Work in a coalition.
- Get out front and take credit.
- Follow up with attendees.
- Report Back.
Social media is a key tool to help us amplify our message, increase pressure on decision makers and introduce us to new mothers across the country. It’s a way to participate even when you can’t be there in person. More importantly, it shows those who weren’t there what we are capable of doing.
If you just need Twitter, watch this how-to-sign-up video by Beth Rodio:
No access to social media? No problem! Tell us how your Mother's Day event went by emailing your pictures and description. We will share your story on the National Mothers Out Front website and social media accounts.
Stories (text) and photos can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.