“Plans are useless, but planning is indispensable” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
Mothers Out Front NYS is mobilizing its power as part of the Renewable Heat Now Campaign to make sure the utilities who have control of gas infrastructure:
- Recognize the risks and harms of gas
- Stop making new investments in gas infrastructure
- Fund the renewable solutions
- Enact an orderly, equitable plan for dismantling existing gas infrastructure
- Center marginalized communities
This is a KEY step in getting New York State powered by renewable energy by 2035!
Here’s what YOU can do to make sure this happens.
- Send a comment to the Public Service Utilities Commission (all you need to do is to sign your name!)
- Write a letter to the editor
- Work with other moms and caregivers to get your local municipal government to pass a resolution calling on the utilities to enact a #BeyondGas plan
- As your state-elected officials to sign on to a resolution calling on the utilities to enact a #BeyondGas plan
- Ask others in your community to do the same!
Sign up to participate in any of these activities here.
Send a message to the Public Service Commission
Send an email to the Secretary on the matter of the State Gas Planning Procedures.
Write a letter to your local paper!
Get a resolution passed!
Work with other moms and caregivers to get your local municipal government to pass a resolution.