About Mothers Out Front:
Mothers Out Front is a dynamic social impact organization with ambitious goals to address the climate crisis. This is a great opportunity for a focused, devoted individual to support our people agenda.
The organization builds our power as mothers to ensure a livable climate for all children. We are building a diverse national movement of mothers, grandmothers, and caregivers dedicated to convincing elected officials and business leaders to work for a swift, complete, and just transition away from fossil fuels to clean and renewable energy. We know that mothers have an important role to play in the climate change movement, and, when it comes to protecting their children, mothers are an unstoppable force for change! Our goal is simple: to enable mothers to take active leadership in climate change work by providing the structure, training, and tools for them to work together on campaigns in their communities and at the statewide level. We are a member-led, national organization that is growing quickly. Founded in 2013, this year’s operating budget is $4M. We currently have staff working in eight states and are a fast-growing organization with no plans of slowing down.
Job Title: Human Resources and Operations Associate
Reports to: Operations Director
HR and Operations Associate
We are in search of a capable and dependable self-starter colleague for the position of HR and Operations Associate. This position plays an integral role supporting the day-to-day personnel, administrative operations, and basic staff technology needs of Mothers Out Front to enable us to function effectively as a fully virtual organization. The successful applicant is someone who wants to have a positive impact on an evolving small organization, and whose work ethic centers on rolling-up-sleeves and a no-job-is-too-small value system.
Human Resources Support and Benefits Administration
- Facilitate and support the fostering of a thriving place to work for employees. Serve as a resource for miscellaneous staff inquiries including benefits and personnel policies.
- In partnership with the Operations Director research and obtain cost-effective benefits offerings in the benefits marketplace.
- Oversee recruitment in partnership with hiring managers, leading to a well-defined and candidate-friendly process that includes adequate due diligence. Place ads and acknowledge receipt of resumes; screen candidates, and coordinate and participate in interviews and assist with new hire onboarding coordination.
- Create personnel files and ensure employer records are up to date; compliant with record retention guidelines, and audit-ready.
- Provide support for managers’ procedural inquiries regarding rewarding performance, coaching and discipline, etc. Assist with logistics for staff retreats. Coordinate essential annual events such as annual benefits open enrollment, and coordinate and shepherd the annual performance evaluation cycle.
Process multi-state bimonthly payroll.
- Provide support with all aspects of virtual office management. With support from Operations colleagues, manage the Google Drive and ensure effective document management across the organization.
- Assist with developing and administering organizational policies and procedures.
- Research vendors who align with our focus on sustainability and cost effectiveness. Serve as point person for Certificate of Insurance from insurers for MOF events.
- Manage the virtual mailbox through Earth Class Mail, the digital mailbox service, with assistance from the Development Team.
- Deposit checks received through Earth Class Mail and order and coordinate distribution of materials for local teams.
- Provide basic technology support to employees as they navigate tech tools. Support users in troubleshooting our virtual meeting platforms, Google Drive, and other technology.
- Identify and support the implementation of new technology that addresses the needs of our growing virtual team.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ HR Generalist experience that includes recruitment, employee relations and benefits administration.
- Ability to work effectively in a remote environment for a fully virtual organization, and technically savvy.
- Ability to succeed in a changing, fast-paced environment; to plan and prioritize effectively; work on multiple projects and meet competing demands and deadlines.
- Flexibility and ability to work well in a team and strong commitment to supporting the mission of Mothers Out Front.
- Multicultural competence and demonstrated ability and commitment to working with people from a variety of ethnic, racial, socioeconomic, religious, educational, linguistic, generational, gender identity, physical ability backgrounds, from the LGBTQ community, and across generational divides.
Mothers Out Front is a fully virtual organization. This position can be based anywhere in the United States and will work from a home office.
Salary and benefits
The annualized salary range is $41,200 to $60,000, depending on experience. Benefits include fully paid (by employer) health benefits, dental benefits, 401(k), flexible spending, paid vacation, holidays, sick days, and support for remote work set-up. We offer ongoing training opportunities, a fast-paced, dynamic, supportive, and collaborative setting and we are proudly women-led!
Please apply through the application form on our website associated with this position, providing a resume and a cover letter specifically addressing why you believe you are qualified for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Reasonable Accommodation
Mothers Out Front is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The organization encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, record of arrest or conviction and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please e-mail HR@mothersoutfront.org. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.