Member Learning and Success Associate
Department: Campaigns & Organizing
Reports to: Member Member Success/Achievement Manager
About Mothers Out Front
Mothers Out Front builds our power as mothers to ensure a livable climate for all children. We are growing a multi-racial, cross-class, intergenerational movement of mothers, grandmothers, and caregivers dedicated to convincing elected officials and business leaders to work for a swift, complete, and just transition away from fossil fuels to clean and renewable energy. We know that mothers have an important role to play in the climate justice movement, and, when it comes to protecting children, mothers are an unstoppable force for change. Our goal is simple: to enable mothers to take active leadership in climate justice work by providing the structure, training, and tools for them to work together and win campaigns in their communities, cities, and states.
About the Role
The Member Support Associate ensures that moms across the country have everything they need to succeed in their climate justice campaigns and local organizing efforts. This role serves as the primary reception desk and help desk for members and volunteer leaders, helping them lead and win climate justice campaigns. The person in this role will also collaborate with the Member Services Manager to create and implement programs that welcome new members into the organization and build their campaigning and organizing skills.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as a “first responder” and a primary point of contact for members requiring assistance, including in states/locations without a MOF staff presence.
- Be highly responsive to members through a range of different channels or mediums and with a solutions orientation and customer service mindset.
- Implement and facilitate recurring new member welcome programs, through video conferences and emails.
- Manage knowledge systems for tracking member inquiries and solutions, such as Frequently Asked Questions.
- Identify and report on qualitative and quantitative trends or patterns emerging from member support.
- Support the Member Learning and Success Manager with the development and delivery of member training.
- Support the Member Learning and Success Manager and local team leaders with data reporting, as needed.
What You Will Need
- At least 2 years of experience supporting or engaging customers, constituents, or volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to manage a high volume of communications across a range of channels or mediums with high attention to detail.
- Experience with constituent relationship management (CRM) tools or other databases (e.g., Salesforce); fluency with workplace platforms such as Google Suite, Zoom, ThruText, and Slack; experience with email segmentation and automation is a plus.
- The ability to listen to and empathize with members and approach every interaction with a friendly, helpful attitude.
- Passion for problem-solving, resourcefulness, and ability to exercise good judgment and identify creative solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that inspire action.
- Strong project management skills, sharp attention to detail, solution orientation, and a demonstrated ability to effectively manage competing and changing priorities.
- A strong commitment to social justice and actively works to dismantle systems of oppression, including racism, sexism, misogyny, classism, ableism, homophobia, xenophobia, and other forms of discrimination. Commitment to working with people from a variety of ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds, as well as varying religious, educational, generational, and gender identity backgrounds.
- Openness to ongoing learning and coaching from colleagues at every level.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment where teamwork, collegiality, and self-motivation are necessary for success.
Details: Mothers Out Front is a fully remote organization. Candidates can be based anywhere in the U.S. and will work from a home office. This is a full-time position.
Salary and benefits: The salary range for a Member Services Associate is $55,000 – $65,000 depending on experience. Benefits include health and dental coverage, a 401(k) plan, a flexible spending plan, paid vacation, holidays, sick days, and support for remote work set-up. We offer ongoing training opportunities, a fast-paced, dynamic, supportive, and collaborative setting and we are proudly women-led!
Equal Employment Opportunity and Reasonable Accommodation
Mothers Out Front is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The organization encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, record of arrest or conviction and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.