About Mothers Out Front:
Mothers Out Front is a dynamic social impact organization with ambitious goals to address the climate crisis. This is a great opportunity for a strategic, collaborative individual to support and enhance our data capacity.
The organization builds our power as mothers to ensure a livable climate for all children. We are building a diverse national movement of mothers, grandmothers, and caregivers dedicated to convincing elected officials and business leaders to work for a swift, complete, and just transition away from fossil fuels to clean and renewable energy. We know that mothers have an important role to play in the climate change movement, and, when it comes to protecting their children, mothers are an unstoppable force for change! Our goal is simple: to enable mothers to take active leadership in climate change work by providing the structure, training, and tools for them to work together on campaigns in their communities and at the statewide level. We are a member-led, national organization that is growing quickly. Founded in 2013, this year’s operating budget is $4.3m. We currently have staff working in eight states and are a fast-growing organization with no plans of slowing down.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION:
Mothers Out Front is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are actively seeking diversity of experience and perspectives and are committed to building an inclusive work culture where all individuals who share these values can thrive.
Job Title: Senior Database Administrator
Reports to: Training Manager
Senior Database Administrator Responsibilities
The Learning Department’s Senior Database Administrator, develops and codifies best practices to ensure that accurate, meaningful data is captured, analyzed, and shared in a timely and accurate manner to achieve movement growth and campaign wins at the local, state, and national levels.
- Create and codify data entry standards for organizing and learning departments.
- Maintain data hygiene, including de-duping and performing ongoing cleanup.
- Develop systems, queries, and reports to measure and assess the efficacy of campaigns.
Reporting & Strategic Data Analysis
- Developing state and national data strategic capacity through:
- Data sourcing
- Coaching and training organizing staff and state and national level member data teams to develop data capacity and execute data-informed campaigns
- Planning for growth and evolution
- Ongoing assessment and refinement of data collection and reporting.
Data Capacity Building & Implementation of Data Strategy
- Continuously develop:
- The organization’s data culture
- Staff and community team data coordinator capacity, including supervising data interns
- Data-informed decision-making through training and coaching.
- Support organizing across race and class by setting up systems and tools to collect representative constituency data and produce relevant reports to inform movement growth and impact strategy
- Work closely with the Organizing Department to ensure appropriate data is collected, measured, and analyze and used to inform growth and impact campaign strategy.
- 3 years of database management in a movement building/organizing environment
- Strong ability to manage time and projects in a fast evolving, collaborative, virtual work environment.
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to working with people from a variety of backgrounds, including ethnic, racial, socioeconomic, religious, education, generational, gender identity, physical disabilities, and from the LGBTQ community.
Mothers Out Front is a fully virtual organization. This position can be based anywhere in the United States and will work from a home office.
Salary and benefits
The salary range is $56,000 to $67,000, depending on experience. Benefits include fully paid health benefits, dental benefits, 401(k), flexible spending, paid vacation, holidays, sick days, and support for remote work set-up. We offer ongoing training opportunities, a fast-paced, dynamic, supportive, and collaborative setting and we are proudly women-led!
Please apply through the application form associated with this position on our website providing a resume and a cover letter specifically addressing why you believe you are qualified for this position.