Department: Campaigns & Organizing
Reports to: Senior Director of Campaigns & Organizing
Supervises: Oversees growing team of organizers and campaigners; Directly supervises 2-3 State Managers and a Regional Digital Manager
About Mothers Out Front
Mothers Out Front builds our power as mothers to ensure a livable climate for all children. We are growing a multi-racial, cross-class, intergenerational movement of mothers, grandmothers, and caregivers dedicated to convincing elected officials and business leaders to work for a swift, complete, and just transition away from fossil fuels to clean and renewable energy. We know that mothers have an important role to play in the climate justice movement, and, when it comes to protecting children, mothers are an unstoppable force for change. Our goal is simple: to enable mothers to take active leadership in climate justice work by providing the structure, training, and tools for them to work together and win campaigns in their communities, cities, and states.
About the Role
We are seeking a highly motivated campaigning and organizing veteran to lead the growth of Mothers Out Front across several western states and scale the organization’s impact. You will lead a team of state managers, campaigners, and organizers in your region, helping to ensure the effective development and implementation of local, state, and national campaigns. You will guide member growth, member-led team development, and power building in states with and without staff presences.
What You’ll Do
- Set and oversee campaigns and organizing strategy across the region, working with state and national staff as well as member leaders to develop strategies and tactics that incorporate strong theories of change and a mix of digital and on-the-ground tactics.
- In collaboration with the Director of Campaigns and Organizing and the Member Learning & Success team, create a regional growth strategy for Mothers Out Front, including growth within staffed states, expansion to new states, and digital engagement of members in both staffed and unstaffed states.
- Facilitate iteration and revision of campaign plans in response to real-world developments and develop regional rapid response protocols.
- Build relationships with movement partners across the region, in collaboration with State Managers, Campaigners, Organizers, and local member-led teams. Represent Mothers Out Front as needed in state, regional, and national coalitions.
- Support staff and member teams across the region to maximize the effectiveness of their campaigning and organizing initiatives, including through digital campaigning and organizing.
- Supervise and mentor State Managers and a Regional Digital Manager.
- Coordinate with the communications team to adapt and implement communications, messaging, and narrative strategy for the region.
- Represent MOF externally, including in coalition spaces and the media.
- Initiate and manage knowledge-sharing initiatives to facilitate learning across regional staff and teams.
- Ensure the effective tracking and recording of key data points and metrics in organization’s databases, as required.
What You’ll Need
- At least 8 years experience in campaigning and organizing in a grassroots organizing, issue advocacy, or electoral setting, ideally in the climate justice movement, including previous experience managing and leading campaigning or organizing teams.
- Experience managing, coaching, and empowering staff working remotely.
- Significant experience working and building relationships within the region and on local, state, or regional projects.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, execute, and adapt comprehensive advocacy campaign strategies in changing contexts; familiarity and comfort with systems-based approaches to change.
- A track record of setting ambitious campaigning and organizing goals and leading teams to achieve them.
- Significant experience training and developing staff and community members in organizing, power building, community advocacy, digital tactics, and/or influencing policy.
- Experience collaborating with communications experts and contributing to media strategies.
- Experience developing and managing budgets.
- Strong project management skills, coupled with sharp attention to detail, and a demonstrated ability to effectively manage competing priorities; demonstrable focus, resilience, and the problem-solving skill to develop solutions under challenging circumstances.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to distill complex ideas into clear, compelling messages.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and engage effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Commitment to social justice, diversity, and inclusion: Demonstrates a strong commitment to social justice and actively works to dismantle systems of oppression, including racism, sexism, misogyny, classism, ableism, homophobia, xenophobia, and other forms of discrimination. Demonstrated ability and commitment to working with people from a variety of ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds, as well as varying religious, educational, generational, and gender identity backgrounds.
- A strong understanding of how climate change disproportionately impacts low income and marginalized communities and environmental and climate justice solutions that address these inequalities is highly desirable.
- Openness to ongoing learning and coaching from colleagues at every level.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment where teamwork, collegiality and self-motivation are necessary for success.
- Ability to travel approximately 20-25% of time, primarily within the region.
Details: Mothers Out Front is a fully remote organization. Candidates can be based anywhere in the West (Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, or Wyoming) and will work from a home office. This is a full-time position.
Salary and benefits: The salary range for a Senior Regional Manager is $93,000 – $100,000, depending on experience. Benefits include 100% employer covered health, vision, and dental coverage for employees and their dependents, a 401(k) plan, flexible spending plan, paid vacation, holidays, sick days, and support for remote work set-up. We offer ongoing training opportunities, a fast-paced, dynamic, supportive, and collaborative setting and we are proudly women-led!
Equal Employment Opportunity and Reasonable Accommodation
Mothers Out Front is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The organization encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, record of arrest or conviction and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please e-mail email@example.com. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.