About Mothers Out Front:
Mothers Out Front is a dynamic social impact organization with ambitious goals to address the climate crisis. This is a great opportunity for a strategic, collaborative individual to support and enhance our data capacity.
The organization builds our power as mothers to ensure a livable climate for all children. We are building a diverse national movement of mothers, grandmothers, and caregivers dedicated to convincing elected officials and business leaders to work for a swift, complete, and just transition away from fossil fuels to clean and renewable energy. We know that mothers have an important role to play in the climate change movement, and, when it comes to protecting their children, mothers are an unstoppable force for change! Our goal is simple: to enable mothers to take active leadership in climate change work by providing the structure, training, and tools for them to work together on campaigns in their communities and at the statewide level. We are a member-led, national organization that is growing quickly. Founded in 2013, this year’s operating budget is $4.3m. We currently have staff working in eight states and are a fast-growing organization with no plans of slowing down.
Job Title: Social Media Specialist
Reports to: Communications Director
The Social Media Specialist manages our digital presence to support and amplify our Organizing work, tell our stories, and help us achieve fundraising goals. This role requires the ability to collaborate effectively across functions. An ideal candidate for this position will have 2-5 years experience managing Social Media platforms, creating content, experience in social analytics and platform growth. Experience in web content management is also preferred.
Social Media (SM)
- Help to develop communications and digital engagement strategies for national state, and local campaigns.
- Manage, plans and execute SM content for a variety of platforms including, but not limited to, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, and Pinterest.
- Develop SM content plan and data-driven strategy to increase engagement across platforms.
- Analyze data and trends to help shape the organization’s SM voice, content and online campaigns.
- Execute SM campaigns. Monitor, listen, and engage with audiences.
- Execute paid SM advertising campaigns
- Communicate and collaborate with national, state, and local teams across platforms to ensure timely uploads and coverage of events/developments.
- Train Staff and volunteer leaders on how to effectively use SM platforms.
- Assist with uploading and maintaining the national website, calendar and local team pages.
- Maintain Communications calendar with national email blasts and other campaigns
- Support the setup of new micro-sites for new states and local teams
- Work collaboratively with Fundraising/Development Department to ensure appropriate social platform engagement to further fundraising goals.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of three (3) years SM experience, preferably in a non-profit or social justice organization.
- Experience with WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, Sprout Social, Google Analytics, Facebook Ad Manager, Google Ads, and Nationbuilder, is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work effectively in a remote environment for a fully virtual organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Multicultural competence and a commitment to working with people from a variety of backgrounds, especially ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Excellent solution-oriented skills and the ability to respond quickly to changing priorities.
- Able to work in a highly collaborative environment where teamwork, collegiality, and self-motivation are necessary for success.
- Strong project management skills, coupled with sharp attention to detail, and a demonstrated ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Openness to ongoing learning and coaching from colleagues at every level.
- Proven ability to follow up with colleagues to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Highly computer literate.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
Mothers Out Front is a fully virtual organization. This position can be based anywhere in the United States and will work from your home office.
Salary and benefits
The salary range is $43,630 to $59,992, depending on experience. Benefits include fully paid health benefits, dental benefits, 401(k), flexible spending, paid vacation, holidays, sick days, and support for remote work set-up. We offer ongoing training opportunities, a fast-paced, dynamic, supportive, and collaborative setting and we are proudly women-led!
Please apply through the application form associated with this position on our website providing a resume and cover letter specifically addressing why you believe you are qualified for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Reasonable Accommodation
Mothers Out Front is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The organization encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, record of arrest or conviction and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.