Social Media Specialist
Mothers Out Front is a dynamic social impact organization with ambitious goals to address the climate crisis.
About Mothers Out Front:
Mothers Out Front builds our power as mothers to ensure a livable climate for all children. We are building a diverse national movement of mothers, grandmothers, and caregivers dedicated to convincing elected officials and business leaders to work for a swift, complete, and just transition away from fossil fuels to clean and renewable energy. We know that mothers have an important role to play in the climate change movement, and, when it comes to protecting their children, mothers are an unstoppable force for change! Our goal is simple: to enable mothers to take active leadership in climate change work by providing the structure, training, and tools for them to work together on campaigns in their communities and at the statewide level. We are a member-led, national organization that is growing quickly. Founded in 2013, this year’s operating budget is $4.3m. We currently have staff working in eight states and are a fast-growing organization with no plans of slowing down.
Job Summary: Social Media Specialist
Reports to: Communications Director
Position Status: Full-time
The Social Media Specialist manages our digital presence to support and amplify our organizing work, tell our stories, and to help us achieve our fundraising goals. This role requires the ability to collaborate effectively with all staff and functions within the organization and the movement. An ideal candidate for this position will have 2-5 years experience in managing social media platforms, creating content, experience in social analytics and in platform growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- As part of the Communications team, helps to develop communications and digital engagement strategies for national state, and local campaigns.
- Manages, plans and executes social media content for a variety of platforms including, but not limited to, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Linkedin.
- Develops social media content plan and data-driven strategy to increase engagement across platforms.
- Analyzes data and trends to help shape the organization’s social media voice, content and online campaigns.
- Executes ongoing and one-time social media campaigns. Monitors, listens, and engages with audiences.
- Executes paid social media advertising campaigns
- Communicates and collaborates with national, state, and local teams across the platforms to ensure timely uploads and coverage of events/developments.
- Trains Staff and volunteer leaders on how to effectively use Social Media platforms
- Assists with uploading and maintaining national website and local team pages.
- Maintains Communications Calendar with national blasts and other campaigns
- Supports the setup of new micro-sites for new states and local teams
- Works collaboratively with Fundraising/Development Department to ensure appropriate social platform engagement to further fundraising goals.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of three (3) years of social media experience, preferably in a non-profit or social justice organization.
- Experience with WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, Sprout Social, Google Analytics, Facebook Ad Manager, Google Ads, and Nationbuilder, is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- An ability to work in a remote environment for a fully virtual organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Multicultural competence and a commitment to working with people from a variety of backgrounds, especially ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Excellent solution oriented skills with an ability to respond quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment where teamwork, collegiality and self-motivation are necessary for success.
- Strong project management skills, coupled with sharp attention to detail, and a demonstrated ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Openness to ongoing learning and coaching from colleagues at every level.
- Proven ability to follow up with colleagues to ensure tasks are completed in a timely fashion.
- Highly computer literate.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
Details: Mothers Out Front is a virtual organization. Candidates can be based anywhere in the continental US and will work from a home office. This is a full-time position. You will be a part of our communications department and will report to our Director of Communications.
Salary and benefits: $43,250 – $50,650 Benefits include health, vision, and dental coverage, a 401(k) plan, flexible spending plan, paid vacation, holidays, sick days, and support for remote work set-up. We offer ongoing training opportunities, a fast-paced, dynamic, supportive, and collaborative setting and we are proudly women-led!
To Apply for this position, please include all the following requested materials:
Please submit a resume and a cover letter that addresses why you want to work on this issue, for this organization.
Mothers Out Front is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, and members of other historically disenfranchised groups are especially welcome and encouraged to apply.