Mothers Out Front is a dynamic social impact organization with ambitious goals to address the climate crisis. This is an exciting opportunity for a strategic, collaborative and energetic individual.
About Mothers Out Front:
Mothers Out Front builds our power as mothers to ensure a livable climate for all children. We are building a diverse national movement of mothers, grandmothers, and caregivers dedicated to convincing elected officials and business leaders to work for a swift, complete, and just transition away from fossil fuels to clean and renewable energy. We know that mothers have an important role to play in the climate change movement, and, when it comes to protecting their children, mothers are an unstoppable force for change! Our goal is simple: to enable mothers to take active leadership in climate change work by providing the structure, training, and tools for them to work together on campaigns in their communities and at the statewide level. We are a member-led, national organization that is growing quickly. Founded in 2013, this year’s operating budget is $4.3m. We currently have staff working in eight states and are a fast-growing organization with no plans of slowing down.
Reports to: Director of Learning
The Training Manager will design and deliver organizing training and work with the Learning Director to take our training program to the next level. The ideal Training Manager will have strong experience in facilitation and curriculum development, passion for designing and delivering training, experience working on issue campaigns, and share Mothers Out Front’s commitment to building a movement of mothers to address the climate crisis in a just and equitable way.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION:
Mothers Out Front is an organization committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are actively seeking diversity of experience and perspectives among our team and are committed to building an inclusive workplace culture where all individuals who share these values can thrive.
Training Manager Responsibilities
- Update Mothers Out Front’s training curriculum on an ongoing basis to ensure it reflects best practices in instructional design and adult learning to meet the evolving needs of Mothers Out Front staff and members
- Track, synthesize, and incorporate organizing best practices and campaign learnings into trainings
- Update and develop training materials to support in person and virtual trainings (slide decks, worksheets, toolkit modules, etc…)
- Update and develop the Mothers Out Front Organizing Toolkit to reflect latest learnings
- Work with organizing staff and member leaders to organize well attended Mothers Out Front Leadership Academies and ongoing in-person and online trainings
- Develop training calendar
- Facilitate trainings as needed
- Grow Mothers Out Front training capacity in staff and members through train the trainer trainings
Evaluation & Learning
- Develop and refine meaningful metrics for evaluation
- Revise curriculum content and training delivery mechanisms based on evaluation of trainings
- Engage with a community of trainers in other training organizations, including the Leading Change Network, to stay abreast of training best practices
- 5+ years as “front-of-room” trainer, including experience running virtual trainings
- 5+ years working on issue campaigns, with demonstrated understanding of the skills, resources, and tools that support successful efforts
- Experience planning curriculum and developing training materials
- Demonstrated experience as a facilitative team leader and effective collaborator
- Lived experience working in a racially diverse environment and facilitating multi-racial groups
- Strong ability to manage time and projects in a fast evolving, collaborative, virtual work environment
- Ability to travel and work some evenings and weekends
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to working with people from a variety of backgrounds, especially ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds. It’s also helpful if you have experience working with people from different religious, education, generational, and gender identity backgrounds as well as those with physical disabilities and from the LGBTQ community.
Mothers Out Front is a virtual organization. You can be based anywhere in the United States and will work from a home office. You will report to our Director of Learning. This a full-time position. You must be eligible to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
Salary and benefits
The salary range is $65,000 to $80,000, depending on experience. Benefits include health and dental benefits, a 401(k) plan, flexible spending plan, paid vacation, holidays, sick days, and support for remote work set-up. We offer ongoing training opportunities, a fast-paced, dynamic, supportive, and collaborative setting and we are proudly women-led!
Please apply through the application form associated with this position on our website with a resume and a cover letter specifically addressing why you feel you are a good fit for this position and Mothers Out Front in general.