***Mothers Out Front has engaged Koya Leadership Partners to help with this hire. Please apply for this position through the application on their website -> https://ats.k2-app.com/jobPosting/apply/1956.
About Mothers Out Front
Mothers Out Front builds power as mothers to ensure a livable climate for all children. The organization is building a diverse national movement of mothers, grandmothers, and caregivers dedicated to convincing elected officials and business leaders to work for a swift, complete, and just transition away from fossil fuels to clean and renewable energy. Mothers have an important role to play in the climate change movement, and, when it comes to protecting their children, mothers are an unstoppable force for change!
The goal is simple: to enable mothers to take active leadership in climate change work, by providing the structure, training, and tools for them to work together on campaigns in their communities and at the statewide level. Mothers Out Front is a volunteer-led, national organization that is growing quickly. Founded in 2013, the 2019 operating budget is $4.2M with a growing staff working in eight states.
For more information on Mothers Out Front, please visit mothersoutfront.org.
This is a tremendous opportunity to do meaningful work during a high stakes time for the climate. Mothers Out Front is seeking a dynamic and creative organizer to lead a team and grow the organizing program into the national powerhouse that is needed for mothers’ power to ensure a livable climate for all children. The Deputy Director of Organizing will report to the National Organizing Director and work in collaboration with the Executive Director, the organizing staff leadership, and member leaders to refine and grow an organizing program that builds the power of mothers at the local, state, and national level, and to ensure that the organization is building a diverse movement with a culture that is rooted in equity and inclusion.
- Building on the existing organizing foundation to design and implement an organizing program that can grow quickly
- Providing strategic vision and direction to organizing managers across the country to build power at each level of work
- Driving equity work across the organization and with members
- Facilitating campaign development at the state and national levels
- Partnering with other leadership to identify and cultivate funding for the work
- Overseeing the development and implementation of systems needed for organizers nationwide to be successful and develop as leaders
- Hiring and developing talented organizing managers across states
Ideal candidates will be hungry to help lead a thriving and growing organization. Qualifications include:
- A proven track record of success building and managing an organizing program; five to seven years of experience in community organizing, union organizing, political organizing, and/ or legislative issue advocacy experience required
- Experience managing staff, with preference for past experience managing organizers
- Strong track record of winning concrete campaign victories, mobilizing large numbers of people into action, and building community leadership
- Excellent communication skills and ability to share a vision; strong EQ
- Multicultural competence and demonstrated ability to work with people from a variety of ethnic, racial, socio-economic, educational, linguistic, and religious backgrounds, as well as people of various physical abilities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and generations. Experience building diverse, equitable, and inclusive movements preferred
- Strong, clear, and accurate writing, editing, and verbal communication
- Excellent relationship building skills and experience working effectively with community groups and members
- A passion for social and environmental justice, and commitment to addressing climate change
The annual salary range for this role will be $90,000-$110,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Mothers Out Front offers excellent benefits, including paid holidays and Flexible Time Off, medical and dental benefits, and a 401(k) plan.
Mothers Out Front has engaged Koya Leadership Partners to help in this hire. Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume to Trisha Sutrisno here.
Mothers Out Front is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT applicants.
About Koya Leadership Partners
Koya Leadership Partners is a national retained executive search and human capital consulting firm that works exclusively with mission-driven organizations, institutions of higher education, and social enterprises. We deliver measurable results, finding exceptionally talented people who truly fit the unique culture of our client organizations and ensuring that organizations have the resources and strategies to support them. For more information, visit koyapartners.com.
***Mothers Out Front has engaged Koya Leadership Partners to help with this hire. Please apply for this position through the application on their website: https://ats.k2-app.com/jobPosting/apply/1956