Become a digital Mother Out Front and start taking action today to build
a more livable future for children everywhere!
If you want to take action to help stop climate change but have limited time, we have a program for you! You can take action during naps, coffee breaks, or in the middle of the night. Join us online when *you* have the time to start making a difference.
Let us know you are ready to start taking actions with Mothers Out Front by following @Beth_Ro and @saidbylaura and tweeting out the below or messaging us, so we can add you to our Twitter DM group where we will help you speak up and speak out for climate.
I'm taking the first step toward climate action by joining with @MothersOutFront and learning how I can make a difference online and off. #TweetingOutFront
Then, take as many actions from the below levels as you would like to earn badges to display on your social media accounts and strengthen your digital activism skills. Share your ideas for more actions with the community via the Twitter DM group. Or go there for questions and help with these actions. Once you've completed an action, right click to download the badge and share what action you took on Twitter. Don't forget to include our hashtag #TweetingOutFront and tag @MothersOutFront so we can celebrate with you!
- Climate Action Community Member- Get connected to other moms in the Twitter DM group by introducing yourself.
- Digital Connector- Find accounts to engaged with online (follow @MotherOutFront, your Senators/Representative and local government offices).
- Digital Climate Activist- Find a local bill or action to tweet your governor/rep about (e.g., “I support Bill 3848 that would require all new city buildings to be solar-ready and ask that @governorfred show public support for this bill”).
- Mothers Out Front Advocate-Learn more about the work Mothers Out Front groups are doing across the states and help boost their work through your online accounts.
- Climate Action Agent- Make a personal commitment to change (e.g., bike to work 1 day/week) and then share your plans and reasons on Twitter. Consider writing up a short blog post (via Medium, etc) with information to educate others who might like to make a similar commitment.
- Community Climate Leader- Connect with other mothers in your area interested in working on climate change and consider hosting a gathering to talk about what you all can do as a group to have a positive impact on your local community.
Digital Expert Level Consider how you might best like to invest your time with Mothers Out Front. Here are a few ideas:
- Campaigner Out Front- Supporting a national campaign
- Mothers Out Front Activist- Observing/joining a functional team or starting a community team
- Digital Organizer- Being part of a digital “power” team that promotes the campaigns of community teams
- Mothers Out Front Leader- Organizing a group to meet with your local Representative/Senator/Governor/City Council Member/etc to discuss climate actions they can support
Got another idea? We’d love to hear it!