New York: Mothers Out Front Votes & Mobilizes to Move #BeyondGas Teach In
The people of New York have made our state a national leader in addressing the climate crisis, from banning fracking in 2014 to passing the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act in 2019, which sets the most aggressive greenhouse gas reduction goals in the nation. Now, we need to continue building our power to make sure those goals are achieved.
Join this webinar to find out how we’ll mobilize our power this fall by:
- Getting Out the Vote for local, state, and federal elections
- Finding out where all candidates stand on issues core issues
- Testifying and commenting on the Public Service Commission’s Gas Proceedings so utilities are required to phase out gas by 2035 to meet NYS’s greenhouse gas reduction goals.
Presenters will include Mothers Out Front New York leaders:
- Nora Brown (Tompkins County Team)
- Lyndsey Cooper (Red Hook/Brooklyn Team)
- Megan Dyer (Croton-on-Hudson Team)
- Lisa Marshall (Chemung County Team)
- Sarah Smiley (Westchester Rivertowns Team)
We will send you information for how to join this call a few days before the teach in.