Diesel School Buses are harmful for our children!
24 million school children travel on 454,000 school buses nationwide. Children riding on diesel school buses are exposed to 5 to 15 times more air toxins than the rest of the population.
About 90 percent of these buses run on diesel fuel annually emitting:
- 3,000 tons of cancer-causing soot
- 95,000 tons of smog-causing compounds
Childhood exposure from diesel soot emitted by school buses has also been associated with:
- reduced lung function
- increased incidences of pneumonia
It's time to switch to Electric School Buses!
- Cleaner air: Electrifying buses can reduce carbon emissions by as much as 40% because they have no exhaust
- Safer: better handling, responsiveness, and ride comfort and less likely to roll over due to lower center of gravity.
- Low maintenance costs (up to 70% less than diesel!). Diesel buses break down more frequently and are more costly to repair.
- Longer lifespan (12-16 years) than diesel
- Predictable charging fees cut fuel costs by approximately 80%
- As clean as the source of electricity used to charge them
Sign up to find out more about how you can help secure Electric School Buses for your communities and states!