THIS IS WHERE MOTHERS DRAW THE LINE
On May 21, we’ll come together to resist Spectra Energy's construction of a dangerous, high-pressure gas pipeline and metering & regulation station in a residential neighborhood of West Roxbury.
We’ll also connect our local campaigns to our BIG statewide demand to SWITCH THE SOURCE NOW. We need clean energy for healthy children!
To connect with the ongoing work in West Roxbury to stop the pipeline, please see Resist the Pipeline at resistthepipeline.org
- 9:00 a.m. RALLY at Draper Playground, 5279 Washington Street, West Roxbury
- mothers from frontline communities
- children's health professionals
- music and songs by Music Out Front
- a ceremony for the protection of our children
- 10:00 a.m. MARCH to West Roxbury Lateral pipeline construction site
- 10:30 a.m. GATHERING at construction site and the conclusion of the ceremony
We’re bringing a clothesline to collect messages of support for families in West Roxbury and in all communities—from where the gas is fracked in the Appalachian Basin and Pennsylvania to where it leaks from the pipes under our streets.
Please bring something to hang on the clothesline & leave behind for someone you care about:
- an article of used child’s clothing (some will be available there)
- a letter to the next generation
- a picture of a child you love
All are welcome! Let us know you’ll be there by RSVPing below!
5279 Washington St
West Roxbury, MA 02132
Google map and directions