Mothers Out Front is forming a Strategic Response Team (SRT) with the following charge: Ensure that Mothers Out Front is responding appropriately to happenings external to us.
Responsibilities of the SRT members will include:
- Researching potential national issues and opportunities that Mothers Out Front may want to act upon and share a response with its membership.
- Recommending issues to respond to and methods of response to the NLT (or occasionally State LTs).
- Drafting responses to national issues.
- Members of this team will initially meet (via Webex calls) a few times to form the team and determine how we will work together.
- Estimated time commitment of 2 meetings of 1.5 hours each
Once established, the team will then meet periodically to discuss areas of research and response as well as methods of response.
Estimated time commitment of 1 meeting a month for 2 hours
A subgroup of the team (or issue teams) will meet when a rapid response is needed to a crisis or other critical issue that impacts our membership and/or our work.
Estimated time commitment of 3-5 hours during a response time
- Members of the team will need to be able to have flexibility to plan and respond rapidly to situations that require quick turnaround.
- We are looking for members who like to think big picture and have a national view on our movement.
- Research and/or writing skills are valuable, as well as a sensibility for sharing sensitive information with large diverse groups of people.
Email email@example.com to learn more.