Did you know that a 178-mile-long twin oil pipeline is being proposed that would take 200,000 barrels per day of Bakken fracked crude oil from Albany to refineries in Linden, NJ, and then back again to Albany with the refined product? Learn about the threats these pipelines pose to our children, to the environment, to our health, to our river, and how they would actually DOUBLE the number of bomb trains traveling through Albany.
Then find out what we can do to stop them!
Featured speakers include:
- Vivian Kornegay - Albany Common Council Member
- Roger Downs - Sierra Club and CAPP-NY
- Jeremy Cherson - Riverkeeper and CAPP-NY
- Rev. Marc Johnson - St. John's Church of God in Christ
For flyers and the petition form, please click on the links below to download:
- One-page flyer for Albany Pilgrim Pipeline Forum - 6/22/16
- Two-to-a-page flyer for Albany Pilgrim Pipeline Forum - 6/22/16
Co-sponsors so far include Mothers Out Front, Sierra Club, Citizen Action-NY, 350.org Capital Region, Bethlehem Neighbors for Peace, Riverkeeper, Stop NY Fracked Gas Pipeline.
161 Washington Ave
2nd Floor Community Room
Albany, NY 12210
Google map and directions