Mothers Out Front is growing and seeking dynamic and motivated administrative staff to support our staff and manage the systems and tools needed to help our mission-driven organization run at a high level. We are looking for candidates who are highly organized problem-solvers who enjoy working with people and supporting an organization committed to addressing climate change even more effective.
We have several new positions to fill and will be considering candidates generally for administrative roles at the organization and will be placing candidates into roles working with our development, operations, and executive teams.
About Mothers Out Front: Mothers Out Front builds our power as mothers to ensure a livable climate for all children. We are building a diverse national movement of mothers, grandmothers, and caregivers dedicated to convincing elected officials and business leaders to work for a swift, complete, and just transition away from fossil fuels to clean and renewable energy. We know that mothers have an important role to play in the climate change movement, and, when it comes to protecting their children, mothers are an unstoppable force for change! Our goal is simple: to enable mothers to take active leadership in climate change work, by providing the structure, training, and tools for them to work together on campaigns in their communities and at the statewide level. We are a volunteer-led, national organization that is growing quickly. Founded in 2013, this year’s operating budget is $3.7m. We currently have staff working in eight states and are a fast growing organization with no plans of slowing down.
Your responsibilities will vary depending on position but could include:
- Providing support for the Executive Director, Chair of the Board, and other members of senior management,including with scheduling and traveling logistics.
- Scheduling and handling all logistics for staff and management meetings.
- Managing the scheduling, details, travel, and other logistics for staff and manager retreats and in-person meetings.
- Supporting day-to-day management of our Cambridge, MA office.
- Providing support to all aspects of virtual office management, recruitment, and HR.
- Providing administrative support for national events.
Data and Document Management
- Managing the google drive and ensuring effective document management across the organization.
- Providing data entry support for accounts payable and receivable.
- Ensuring the performance, integrity and security of our Salesforce donor database.
- Recording and tracking event data and constituent information and registration lists.
- Preparing monthly development reports and ensuring their accuracy and timeliness.
- Providing basic technology support to staff as they navigate our tech tools. Support the staff in troubleshooting our virtual meeting platforms, google drive, and other technology.
- Identifying and implementing new technology to support the needs of our growing virtual team.
- Processing donations, generating and tracking tax-receipts and acknowledgement letters.
- Monitoring and ensuring the appropriate follow up occurs with donors and supporters.
- Playing a lead role in creating and updating communications with donors including solicitations, thank you letters, updates, e-news communications, volunteer marketing, and other content for supporters. Supporting the process for other communications including press releases, website updates, and social media.
What we’re looking for in you:
- You have at least two years of experience in an operations, administrative, or development department. Experience in a nonprofit, grassroots organizing, or a campaign environment a plus.
- You have strong problem solving skills and a “can-do” attitude.
- You have excellent organizational skills with demonstrated follow through on tasks. Attention to detail, high standards, and a passion for accuracy, especially clean data entry and writing.
- You can quickly learn and use new software. Significant experience with Google suite required.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to a high level of customer service.
- You can work with limited supervision and successfully within a team. Experience working in a virtual office environment a plus.
- You have a passion for mission-driven work.
- You have multicultural competencies, and a demonstrated ability and commitment to working with people from a variety of backgrounds, especially different ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds. It’s also helpful if you have experience working with people from different religious, educational, generational, and gender identity backgrounds as well as those with physical disabilities and from the LGBTQ community.
- You have a strong working knowledge and experience using donor database systems (Experience with Nationbuilder and Salesforce preferred).
- You can occasionally work evenings and weekends.
Details: Mothers out Front is a virtual organization and you will work from a home office. Candidates can be based anywhere in the country with a preference for candidates in CA, CO, DC, MA, NY, or VA. We will consider well qualified candidates from other states. This a full time position.
Salary and benefits: The salary range is $35,00 to $50,000, depending on experience and position. Benefits include health and dental benefits, a 401(k) plan, flexible spending plan, paid vacation, holidays, sick days, and support for remote work set-up. We offer ongoing training opportunities, a fast-paced, dynamic, supportive, and collaborative setting and we are proudly women-led!
Timeline and process: We are accepting applications for this position through early December and hope to fill the positions by early January. We have a thorough interview process which involves a phone interview, video interview, an exercise, reference calls, an in-person interview for candidates who continue to advance through the process. If we move your application to an interview, we will consider you for all administrative openings and discuss the best possible fit as you move through the process. Also, we have a commitment to building up a sizable and diverse candidate pool before moving applicants to the final interview stages, which means there may be a delay in getting back to you. Our hope is that our process allows us to make the best possible decision and for you to learn more about us and appreciate your understanding if there is a delay at any point. We will do our best to keep you posted on your status throughout the process and ask that you stay in touch too.
To apply: Please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Operations and Development Support Positions in the subject line. Please include where you heard about the position. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Mothers Out Front is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, and members of other historically disenfranchised groups are especially welcome and encouraged to apply.