Follow the instructions below to advocate for a swift and equitable transition to clean, safe, affordable heat. Together, we can stand up to the utility companies and demand real climate solutions.
Take the Climate Hero Challenge!
We’re calling on all climate heroes to be part of The Burning Question campaign. At a moment when the world should be uniting around electrification, clean energy, and energy storage, our gas utility companies – NationalGrid, Eversource, and Berkshire Gas, are doubling down on gas.
- Comfortable homes & clean energy
- Healthy air – inside and out
- Safe streets free of gas leaks
- Affordable utility bills
- A stable, livable climate
Whether you are taking action for the first time or you are a seasoned policy maker, we need you to act right now. Learn more at The Burning Question campaign website.
Email Your State Representative
Write your State Representative a quick email. Ask them to become a champion for safe, clean, affordable heat. Tell them to advocate for legislation – this year – that will ensure a swift and equitable phaseout of gas.
Dear Representative [Your Rep’s Name],
I am a constituent in your district, and I am deeply concerned about climate change.
Will you do everything in your power to transition our homes to safe, clean energy? That’s my Burning Question for you and the House leadership. Our children need climate superheroes willing to stop the gas utility companies from blocking our clean heat future. If the gas industry gets its way, the climate crisis will get worse. I ask you to please:
- Stop the gas companies plans to raise customer fees while wasting billions of our dollars replacing pipes
- Stop their proposal to send dangerous hydrogen gas and other new methane-based gas to our homes.
- Shift incentives to encourage them to provide clean heat technology like ground sourced district heat and good, family-supporting clean energy jobs.
Please support the Burning Question Legislative Agenda (tinyurl.com/BQMass), which will ensure a swift transition to a clean energy future. Please ask TUE Committee Chairman Jeff Roy to support these important goals in a comprehensive climate bill.
[Your name and town]
Tweet at Your State Representative
If you are a Twitter user, Tweet at your State Representative.
In your Tweet, please include…
- This Link – tinyurl.com/BQMass
- These Hashtags – #BurningQuestionMA #ClimateHeroChallenge
- Your Representative – Look up your representative here
Dear @[insert your Rep’s Twitter handle], I have a #ClimateHeroChallenge for you. Please push back against the gas utility companies and speak up for a bold climate bill this session. It’s time to move beyond gas. Learn more at tinyurl.com/BQMass #BurningQuestionMA
Click the link below to download our graphic or use a photo or graphic of your own!
Help Others Take Action
Use Facebook, email, or the phone to invite two friends to join you in the #ClimateHeroChallenge.
Challenge two friends to take the #ClimateHeroChallenge by sharing THIS POST on Facebook.
I’m taking the #ClimateHeroChallenge and I challenge 2 friends @_______ and @_______ to join me. Let’s make noise to make sure our lawmakers in MA fight for clean, safe, affordable heat this session. Check out the post below for instructions on how to complete your challenge. #BurningQuestionMA.
Forward the email you sent to your State Representatives to two friends. Ask them to take the #ClimateHeroChallenge by writing to their Reps and challenging two more people to do the same.
About the Burning Question Campaign
About Our Transition Off Gas
- “Two years after asking for future of gas investigation, Healey asks state to reject results,” By Sabrina Shankman, The Globe Staff, May 12, 2022
- “A fossil-free National Grid? Critics call it a pipe dream,” By Bruce Gellerman, WBUR, April 19, 2022
- “Senate unveils sweeping climate bill,” By Sabrina Shankman, The Boston Globe, April 7, 2022