- Help us spread the word on social media! Here is a list of sample language and graphics to use.
- Share what you learn about the health impacts of fracking with neighbors and friends.
- If you live near fracking sites, engage with others in convincing local government officials to establish setback buffers that protect the health of nearby residents.
- Work to convince community officials to examine the racial disparities in the health impacts of fracking. Here’s how residents in Arlington, Texas did this.
- Get involved with local efforts to pass ordinances to transition buildings from gas guzzlers to clean, all-electric heat.
“Natural” Gas Harms Our Health
Discover how, as moms, we engage in actions to protect our families from the illnesses and dangers related to the drilling, distribution, and household use of gas. This video teaches us that the fracked “natural” gas we use now is produced with a mixture of harmful chemicals, and these chemicals don’t go away as the gas moves from the fracking fields into our homes.
The Science Behind the Health Impacts of Fracked Gas
Every claim made in the video is backed by peer-reviewed scientific reports and findings. The hyperlinks in the script, below, offer instant access to these studies.
Mom: Hey, you two, no running in the house. Sammy, sounds like you are having trouble breathing. Here, you need your inhaler, and you can go play outside.
When my landlord switched my apartment to gas, I thought it was a good thing – that’s what the gas company’s ads tell us. But with my son’s asthma getting worse, I was worried and wanted to learn more. The science shows us that fracked gas with its toxic chemicals is harmful to our health.
The gas industry is spending billions of dollars telling us that gas is clean, green and a bridge to the future, the answer to all of our energy needs.
But just like the tobacco industry deceived us for decades when it told us that cigarettes were safe and healthy – good for us, even – the gas industry is deceiving us now.
It’s time to blow the whistle and stop the deception about the fracked gas.
I started connecting with moms in other states and learned about all the sickness happening at fracking sites and along the pipeline. When I found out how fracked gas is making our children sick, I had to do something.
And Kristy. A gas leak caused an explosion that destroyed her home in Massachusetts. Kristy and her children had to move into a trailer for months.
Once we learned the truth, we had to let everyone know how to protect our children’s health – every child’s health – now and in the future.
Moms like me are leading the way in stopping the deception about fracked gas. The truth is that clean renewable energy is the only way to protect our children’s health today and in the future.
Acting together for our children gives us hope.
Join us. We are mothers and others working together for a healthy and livable climate for our children and grandchildren.
Take Action Now
Subscribe to emails
Stay up to date with the latest.
Steps to Protect Your Family If You Cook with Gas