Why organize a Rise for Climate Action as Mothers Out Front?
Mothers are a politically powerful force. When we show up in numbers and ask elected officials to act, they do because:
- We vote.
- We know how to get things done.
- We are natural networkers and connectors.
- It’s about our kids – we are driven to protect them from the harms of fossil fuel pollution and the climate crisis.
Right NOW is a critical time to be using our power. Leaders from around the world will be gathering September 12th-14th in San Francisco for a Global Climate Summit to take action in response to the Trump administration’s withdrawal from the Paris Climate Agreement. We need them to act boldly. In the lead up to this Summit, moms are asking our elected officials to take action on energy and climate to put political wind in the sails of the Summit.
Here’s how to add your voice to this important moment:
- Host a house party to bring moms together to talk about what you can do together to get the U.S. to lead on energy and climate, then take action.
- Join the thousands of moms using social media to call on elected officials to act. (#MothersOutFrontRise)