VIDEO! IN THE NEWS: Mothers Out Front Jamaica Plain and Newton teams held events to call attention to "natural" gas leaks in their communities and the consequences of those leaks. It's helpful to remember that we pay for this leaked gas and it creates a health risk and increases our emissions (which cause climate change.)
Watch the video report on NBC10 here:
Mother Out Front, Lisa Marshall, shares her wish for Mother's Day. Read the full letter to the editor by clicking below.
"This Mother’s Day, I don’t need flowers or chocolate or breakfast in bed. What I and tens of thousands of other New York mothers really want is meaningful action in Albany to preserve a livable future for our children."
Thank you, Johanna Fallert, Mother Out Front Poughkeepsie, NY, for speaking up:
“It’s a beautiful day in New York, but my son’s elementary school has to keep the kids indoors because of a local blowdown … toxic gases have been released nearby from a pipeline carrying fracked gas. The air isn’t safe for children to play outdoors."
Thank you to Boston Magazine for including Mothers Out Front!
"Boston mothers’ groups have political sway, can rally their ranks at a moment’s notice, and have the power to make or break a local business with a single post. Here’s how to get on their good side."
Thank you to Mother Out Front Lisa Marshall for her Letter to the Editor:
"As a mother, a scientist and climate change organizer living on the front lines of fracking infrastructure, I cannot afford to be agnostic."
Thank you to Flexjobs for the shout out to Mothers Out Front in your report in honor of Earth Day!
Excerpt below! For the entire article, click here: FlexJobs Reports on the Environmental Savings from Remote Work
"Below FlexJobs has also highlighted 12 green companies that are currently hiring for flexible jobs, perfect for the environmentally conscious job seeker.
1. 350.org - a nonprofit organization founded in 2007, now known as one of the nation’s highest-profile climate organizations.
2. Cloud to Street - helps vulnerable communities prepare for potential flood events by offering near real-time flood modeling and mapping.
3. Ecobee - a fast-growing developer and manufacturer of smart devices for residential and commercial spaces.
4. Environmental Resources Management - ERM - a consulting company which provides services related to the environmental, health and safety, risk, and social issues.
5. Global Catholic Climate Movement - a collaboration of 400 Catholic organizations and leaders throughout the world who share a dedication to a sustainable climate future.
6. International Bird Rescue - IBR - rescues pelicans, gulls, herons, shorebirds and a range of other aquatic birds that are injured in oil spills around the globe.
7. Mothers Out Front - a nonprofit organization comprised of mothers, grandmothers, and caregivers committed to addressing climate change for the health of future generations.
8. New York Botanical Garden - a National Historical Landmark that provides educational programs and exhibitions for visitors of all ages.
9. Rachel’s Network - a nonprofit community of environment-focused women whose efforts are aimed at enabling a healthy, thriving world.
10. Rainforest Action Network - an environmental and human rights organization dedicated to the health and preservation of global forests.
11. Sunrun - an energy company with a mission to "create a planet run by the sun." It is the largest dedicated residential solar provider in the United States.
12. Stand.earth - dedicated to preserving forests, developing sustainable communities, and supporting clean energy initiatives throughout the United States and Canada."
Mothers Out Front California was proud to join "more than 750 public interest groups from California and around the world" to kick off a campaign "urging Governor Jerry Brown to stop the build-out of dirty fossil fuel infrastructure, keep oil and gas in the ground, and take immediate action to protect those most vulnerable to climate change or lose their support for the global climate action summit that he will host five months from now in San Francisco."
"We, the undersigned environmental, health, justice, faith, labor, community and consumer organizations from California and around the world, strongly urge you to champion a vision for California that looks beyond the oil and gas industry to a future that is safe and healthy for everyone," the letter says."
New York Mother Out Front Neely Kelley's Letter to the Editor supporting developing wind power was published in Watertown Daily Times:
"Mr. White ignores the benefits of wind projects to communities across the country and disregards data that show the majority of people who live near wind turbines have positive views of them. Wind projects can bring new local revenue to fix roads, build schools and fund first responders."
Mother Out Front Suzanne Hitchcock-Bryan was published! Her Letter to the Editor calls on Speaker Deleo to honor his commitment to prioritizing health and public safety.
Lakeshore Mothers and Others Out Front team member Mark Crosby had his Letter To The Editor published in the Orleans Hub regarding a proposed wind project near his community. Kudos to Mark and his team members advocating for approval of this project!