The resolution will include:
- An endorsement of the Metropolitan Washington Council of Government goal of 50% greenhouse gas emission reductions by 2030.
- Setting goals of 100% of Prince William County’s electricity to be from renewable sources by 2035.
- Setting goals for Prince William County Government operations to achieve 100% renewable electricity by 2030 and to be 100% carbon neutral by 2050.
- A recommendation for the creation of a public advisory body charged with advising on improvements to the Community Energy Master Plan (i.e. PWC climate action plan) to achieve the goals of the above-stated Comprehensive Plan changes.
- The need to incorporate equity principles and environmental justice into the Community Energy Master Plan as well as the entire Comprehensive Plan.
Speaking in favor of the resolution at the board meeting is the best way to show your support!
We need you to register to offer your story as to why Prince William County needs to take these steps towards climate action. You can testify via Zoom. You need to register by 5 pm on Monday, November 16th.
You should speak from your heart and tell the Board why it’s important to you to see this resolution pass.
- Climate change is the most critical issue of our time and we must all work to create the kind of livable future that our children deserve.
- We must center the communities that are most vulnerable to the effects of climate change and the impact of living on the front lines of fossil fuel infrastructure. The commitment to Environmental Justice is crucial to the success of reaching these goals.
Link to register on the gold band below.
- Once you fill in your information (Name, address, etc.) make sure you select 2 p.m. Public Comment time.
- Then choose how you would like to speak (Zoom video or telephone), and whether you need translation services.
- Hit “Submit” and you are all set! Make sure to check your email to confirm you received the information to log-in during Public Comment time on Tuesday, November 17 at 2 PM
Tell your story
Register to tell the Prince William County Board of County Supervisors that we bold climate action!
LET'S TALK CLIMATE ACTION - A COMMUNITY CONVERSATION ABOUT CLEAN ENERGY AND SUSTAINABLE INITIATIVES IN PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY
No posts found.