Achieve a minimum 25% town-wide reduction in Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions by 2020 and an 80% reduction by 2050.
In 2017, Concord residents voted to approve Article 51, a citizen petition, which aligned Concord with goals set by the Paris Climate Agreement. Achieving these ambitious goals will take bold, creative actions by individual residents, community groups, and town officials.
Mothers Out Front is partnering with the Director of Sustainability and the Climate Action Advisory Board to collect information for a town-wide climate action plan. Help us work with town officials to improve our transportation system, push for energy efficient construction standards, and convert our municipal light plant to 100% carbon free electricity.
Want to help with this initiative?
Join our chapter and volunteer with the Green Concord Group. Here are some ways you can be involved, and remember no contribution is too small!
- Shirt up and show up: Represent Mothers Out Front at key town events and demonstrations
- Become a Liaison: Keep sustainability in the spotlight by becoming a liaison for a key town committee
- Host a House Party: Collect ideas from your network for Concord’s town-wide climate action plan
- Organizing Team: Join the group working to create innovative campaigns that reduce GHG emissions
Did you know....
60% of Concord's emissions come from buildings, so we need to:
- Incentivize a switch to efficient electric heating systems in existing buildings
- Ensure newly constructed buildings are built for the future by preventing the expansion of fossil fuel infrastructure
- Build our kids a Net Zero Middle School