Please contact your State Representative to help Mothers Out Front accomplish its goal of ensuring “a swift, complete, and just transition away from fossil fuels and toward clean and renewable energy.”
The Massachusetts two-year legislative session is scheduled to end on July 31. We have less than two weeks to bring meaningful climate change legislation to a vote in the House this session. Our children cannot wait 2 more years for bold climate action. They cannot afford to have us yield the field to the fossil-fuel industry and their misleading “Mass Coalition for Sustainable Energy,” who are lobbying House leaders to stop bold climate legislation in its tracks.
How to call and help...
- Thank your legislator for the Legislature’s dedication and extra work to keep us safe during the pandemic.
- Remind them that there are critically important bills still in the House Ways and Means Committee that need to be voted on by the full House.
- Tell them that you are ready to see the Legislature take on meaningful climate legislation now, in addition to their work to address Covid-19.
- Ask them to contact Rep Aaron Michlewitz, the Chair of the Ways & Means Committee, and Robert DeLeo, the Speaker of the House, and request that the following 3 bills get passed out of Committee and put up for a floor vote:
- H3983 An Act to create a 2050 roadmap to a clean and thriving Commonwealth.
- H4264 An Act relative to environmental justice in the Commonwealth.
- H4555 An Act for field safety in gas infrastructure.
- And finally, thank them again for making strong climate action a priority this session.
Sample Call Script
Sample Call Script: personalize this message when speaking with your representative
Hello Representative <name>. I’m <your name>, and I live in <town>. I’m also a member of Mothers Out Front. First, thank you for the dedication you have shown and the non-stop work you and your colleagues have been doing to keep us safe during the pandemic.
Now I’m ready to see the Legislature take on meaningful climate legislation, in addition to your work to address Covid-19. Today I am calling to ask for your support for three critically important bills that are still in the House Ways and Means Committee, and need to be voted on by the full House: H.3983, H.4264, and H.4555. Those are the Roadmap bill, the Environmental Justice bill, and the gas safety bill. Please ask Representative Michlewitz and Speaker DeLeo to move these bills forward for a floor vote.
Please contact your Representative, and urge them to vote for the Roadmap to 2050 and Environmental Justice!