We are mothers and allies in West Roxbury coming together to make climate change an issue that informs our living and that rallies our leaders to take action.
We are building a powerful grassroots movement to ensure a swift, complete, and just transition away from fossil fuels and towards clean, renewable energy. Together we can empower ourselves and our communities to create a healthy climate today and a livable future for all our children. Our members are committed to building positive relationships as we develop our leadership and organizing skills toward increasing our power as change agents.
What we've done so far
- With broad community collaboration, we organized a Green Living Tour of homes and businesses to showcase sustainable living strategies. (2020 tour postponed due to COVID outbreak, tentatively rescheduled for next Spring.)
- In January 2020, we hosted 40 people to view “Paris to Pittsburgh” at the West Roxbury branch library
- Held “Beyond Gas” cooking party highlighting health and environmental risks of natural gas in November 2019.
What you can do as part of our team
- Attend our monthly Zoom meetings to build community and learn more about green living actions we can take now. Check our calendar for a list of dates and topics.
- Maintain pressure for utilities to fix the 200+ gas leaks in West Roxbury
- Help spread the word about our work and tips for green living via newsletters, social media, and short videos
- Follow-up with new contacts through online and personal meetings
- Host a house party to learn about Mothers Out Front or alternatives to cooking with gas
- Serve as a liaison between community organizations
- Serve on statewide Mothers Out Front initiatives such as Corporate Responsibility, Healthy Soils, Environmental Justice, Training or Legislation
- “Shirt up and show up”, make calls, or send letters/tweets/emails when our numbers are needed to influence decision makers on legislation that matters
Questions or ideas to share? Send us an email: email@example.com
Don’t worry about having too little time to offer. Most of our work is done through email or remotely. We can find a way for you to contribute and stay involved with any amount of time you have.