MA: Corporate Responsibility General Meeting
Bitcoins? Cryptocurrency? While investing in cryptocurrency may be baffling to many of us, there’s nothing confusing about the extreme hazard it poses for the climate crisis!
One bitcoin transaction:
- uses as much power as an average American household consumes in a month
- produces roughly a million times more carbon emissions than a single Visa transaction.
We’ll have much to learn and explore with time for Q&A and an action:
- Cryptocurrency & why it matters to the climate – Erin White, MOF
- Case of a company making a climate-worthy decision – Charlie Schumacher, Marathon Digital Holdings VP of Communications
- Political winds – Erin White, MOF