MA: Corporate Responsibility General Meeting
Date: June 8, 2022
Time: 5:00pm - 6:00pm ET
Contact: • firstname.lastname@example.org
Bitcoins? Cryptocurrency? While investing in cryptocurrency may be baffling to many of us, there’s nothing confusing about the extreme hazard it poses for the climate crisis!
One bitcoin transaction:
- uses as much power as an average American household consumes in a month
- produces roughly a million times more carbon emissions than a single Visa transaction.
We’ll have much to learn and explore with time for Q&A and an action:
- Cryptocurrency & why it matters to the climate – Erin White, MOF
- Case of a company making a climate-worthy decision – Charlie Schumacher, Marathon Digital Holdings VP of Communications
- Political winds – Erin White, MOF
CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITY ACTION GROUP