Join our movement in New York! Mothers and caregivers across New York are advocating together to ensure a healthy, safe, and thriving climate for all families and children. We are a dynamic group of dedicated moms and community members working toward climate justice for our children’s future. From grassroots campaigns addressing passing the People’s Climate Justice Budget to Induction Cooking Demos. There’s always a way to get involved!
Our campaigns range from:
- Shut down polluter sites
- Promote healthy soil + sustainable agriculture practices to capture carbon and produce healthy food for our communities
- Electrify our Schools Buses
- Move financial resources to address the climate crisis and it’s intersections (includes tenants rights and affordable housing)
- Expand wilderness preservation
A Just Transition to Renewables
In New York, we’re fighting for equitable solutions to ensure a just transition to clean energy.
- Cleaner heat and lower bills with the inclusion of the NY HEAT Act in the executive budget
- Start to address the climate crisis at scale by updating our energy grid, shoring up our coastal regions, making our homes safer, lowering our energy bills, and improving roads and public transportation vulnerable to rising seas and worsening storms.
- Advocating that $1 billion is put into the Climate Action Fund this year to drive down pollution and the long-term costs of energy for households and small businesses while saving thousands of lives that would otherwise be lost due to disaster unpreparedness, toxic air, and unchecked burning of fossil fuels
With the creation of the Climate Action Fund (CAF) in 2023, New York has a historic opportunity to send billions to communities across the state in 2024. Help us stand up against fossil fuels to ensure a healthy climate for all children!
Mothers Out Front is part of the Renewable Heat Now coalition, which works to get fossil fuels and get gas out of buildings through legislative advocacy. In 2022, the RHN legislative package includes goals to:
- Require all-electric new construction
- Fund renewable heating and weatherization
- End subsidies for new gas hookups
- Make utilities plan for an equitable transition
We are a part of the NY Renews Coalition, a coalition of 300+ organizations focused on funding the Climate Leadership Community Protection Act and centering racial & ecosocial justice. We do this by prioritizing underserved, BIPOC, and communities harmed by systemic racism within our plans for transformation.
Join A Local Team
Our local teams welcome volunteers at all levels, whether you have a little time or a lot. Are you fired up and ready to join?
Local teams of dedicated volunteer mothers and caregivers lead our movement. Our teams unite to fight for systemic change at the county, region, and state levels.
Click here if you would like to volunteer!
Contact our New York team:
- Bella Cockerell, NY State Organizing Manageremail@example.com
Volunteer with us!
Join our New York mothers!
Sign this petition to urge your legislators to support the Climate, Jobs, And Justice Package for a sustainable New York!
Call your legislators!
Call Your Legislators to Co-Sponsor Climate and Community Investment Act!
Tell the Commission we need a Better Plan to get New York State Off Gas!